Project Management Services
Paul Turk is an accomplished Project Manager and is skilled at working with clients and with leading project teams in administration, engineering, procurement, construction management, quality, safety, risk, document controls and project controls.
Our Project Management advantage:
- Experienced in overseeing all five major aspects of project delivery
- Monitoring & control
- Proven project management skills with experience in all aspects of the project life cycle.
- Talent to lead and goal-oriented values: Paul portrays his incredibly positive attitude while working together with clients and wile managing technical or engineering projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Supports all phases of the project from inception through completion.
- Acts as primary contact for project activities, leading project review sessions with Stakeholders to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for project development to achieve projects requirements.
- Establishes project milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies project risks and problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications or permits.
- Liaise with business functions to understand ongoing needs.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Acts as an adviser to the program team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
- Client management skills: Paul has worked as both the client and as the consultant, and is familiar with the strategies and challenges to both parties. He leverages this knowledge and experience to get the project teams to understand each other better.
- Sub-contractor and Vendor interfacing skills: Paul has managed numerous 3rd party sub-contractors and vendors in the supply of engineering services, geotechnical services, quality and safety inspections, material and equipment supply, and general labor services.
- Multi-discipline engineering background: Paul’s wide array of project experience gives him the ability to manage and coordinate a team of project engineers, who then direct the technical efforts of engineering and support groups to complete the detailed work. Paul’s background allows him to lead the following technical teams:
- Process engineering
- Plant layout & piping
- Civil and structural engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Control systems engineering (instrumentation and automation)
- Electrical engineering
- Risk management
- Project controls background: Paul is well practiced at all aspects of planning, scheduling, estimating, cost control analysis and reporting. He can provide analysis or manage controls personnel to complete the following:
- Estimating to provide capital cost estimates to facilitate decision-making
- Planning/Scheduling to develop and coordinate scheduled tasks, resources or budgets to track project performance
- Cost tracking, forecasting, trending and budget analysis
- Reporting, presenting and communicating matters related to earned progress, budgets, and schedules
- Quality, Safety and Risk Management foundations: Paul makes these three key project aspects part of his everyday life without exception.
- Trained and experienced in the quality management systems used by all leading engineering companies
- Experienced with material management and compliance with specifications & standards
- Experienced with interfacing with both Engineering Safety teams and Construction Safety teams
- Experienced with leading risk management programs, and with interfacing with 3rd party risk management consultants who perform quantitative, qualitative and hazardous operations risk reviews.
- Document control and project services: Paul specializes in electronic document management systems (EDMS), and has first-hand experience in completing the tasks required to keep the project supported. Paul’s background includes the following vital services:
- Document control, with a highly sophisticated ability to organize information in electronic format and hard copy, archiving, transmittals,
- Contract administration to maintain and to amend contracts for agreed-upon changes
- Information technology to develop his own software tools whenever required, and to ensure systems are functioning
Paul’s primary project management responsibilities include:
- Leading the project team to meet the project’s objectives and stakeholders’ expectations
- Working to balance the competing constraints on the project with the resources available
- Performing communication roles between the project sponsor, team members, and other stakeholders
- Providing direction and presenting the vision of success for the project, to the team.
See the other sections related to Services: