2 Client represented
Kinder Morgan Canada Terminals (KMCT)
BTT Baseline Tank Terminal Expansion Project (AB)
Dec 2015 – Feb 2017
Area Project Manager
$740MM Baseline Terminal Expansion Project (4Mbbls storage supporting the proposed Trans Mountain Pipe Line expansion project.
• Managed the engineering design, procurement and fabrication of the crude transfer pumps (700kbbl/d), valve manifold modules, metering/crude blending modules, plant pipe rack areas, e-house area, surge relief system, tank-to-tank transfer equipment, interconnecting pipe line transients/hydraulics, (future) glycol tank heating systems, and associated tank farm activities.
• Created the requisitions for 10 major packages, and worked with the KMCT Procurement team and the EP consultant to manage approximately 100 other vendor packages. Lead bid clarification meetings, and participated with Procurement on fabrication and construction kick-off meetings for major equipment and packages.
• Developed detailed engineering and procurement schedules, and participated in weekly construction schedule development meetings to align construction teams with the design and procurement schedules.
• Responsible for squad check progress, RFI progress, spec waivers and change order approval from the EP consultant. Provided weekly progress reports to management and steering committee teams.
• Updated budgets and other controls reports on a bi-weekly basis. Maintained the risk management plan and mitigation plans for the entire manifold, metering, surge and pipe rack area.
• Participated in detailed HAZOP sessions and responsible for the resolution of all manifold area HZAOP items.
• Coordinated two separate EP consultants working in conjoined pipe line areas to run over 15 transient analysis investigations for interconnected pipe line activities impacting the BTT facility and surge relief system.
• Coordinated the EP consultant and the KMCT Regulatory team on the compliance of the overall manifold area design.
Trans Mountain Pipe Line (TMPL) interface to BTT
Work performed in conjunction with KMCT BTT Project
• Interfaced with KMC North 40 Terminal, Trans Mountain Pipeline interface planning with BTT, and numerous third-party storage facility design teams along “Pipeline Alley” in Edmonton, AB, to interconnect BTT with numerous existing brownfield terminal tie-ins.