2 Clients represented
Japan Canada Oil Sands (JACOS)
SAGD Process Buildings & Well Control Modules Fabrication (AB)
Dec 2013 – Oct 2014
Senior Project Engineer
Managed the fabricators working for Bantrel’s Modular Offsites Fabrication Group for the JACOS SAGD project in Northern Alberta.
• Responsible Engineer (RE) for managing the construction and assembly of 6 well pad process buildings, 19 well control skid modules, 6 well pad steam letdown modules, and 4 pipeline drain station modules ($75M) on a lump sum project.
• RE for technical RFPs for the modular well pad equipment.
• Executed three major fabrication and assembly contracts and four fabrication sub-contracts.
• Coordinated the Engineering, Project Controls and Procurement teams to expedite free-issued materials to two major fabrication facilities in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
• Managed the delivery of IFC engineering deliverables to the Fabricators for shop & yard construction.
• Coordinated fabrication RFIs, change orders, and Client-initiated TDNs.
• Managed vendor documents for fabrication, material quality, plans and procedures.
• Chaired fabrication meetings.
• Coordinated fabrication schedules with site construction groups.
• Reported weekly fabrication progress.
Shell Scotford Heavy Oil Upgrader (Fort Saskatchewan, AB)
May 2006 – May 2009
Project Engineer & Technical Coordinator
Technical Coordinator for the FEL4 detailed engineering design of Shell’s $6B Scotford Upgrader Expansion in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada.
• Directed battery limit interfaces via multi-office execution, and managed the design between the process units engineered in Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Houston and India.
• Coordinated Bantrel multi-discipline design interfaces with 3rd party utilities and pipelines to develop interconnection scopes, tie-ins and schedules. Managed scope, schedule, cost and quality of the interface scope.
• Coordinated multi-contractor design work for Shell on various CAD $1M to $50M debottlenecking, retrofit or tie-in projects on the existing brownfield base plant and chemical plant. Managed over 50 planning, design and procurement issues and closeout programs.
• Chaired weekly interface meetings between senior PM/PE’s and discipline leads with both the Client and Bantrel. Chaired weekly construction interface meetings with the Client, Bantrel Engineering and Bantrel Construction Company.